Traditions of Tao Terms and Conditions of Use
Using Traditions of Tao Products
Information on the Traditions of Tao website is provided for instructional purposes and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by a physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information found on the Traditions of Tao website for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease.
Carefully read all product packaging.
If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider.
Information and statements regarding herbal dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Understanding the Law
As a Customer of Traditions of Tao, you are not independently selling our herbal products. However, keep in mind that since you are obviously a person who is interested in health and wellbeing, you should not offer friendly advice to others that they might mistakenly construe as your diagnosing or prescribing herbal products for treating diseases, physical or mental conditions.
Food and Drug Laws
The Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act governs herbal dietary supplements. The FDA classifies herbs as foods.
Claiming that foods or dietary supplements can cure, treat or prevent diseases would require re-classification of herbs as “drugs.” Classification of each herbal formula as a drug would require enormous expense and years of clinical trials.
Even though you may personally feel certain that herbs have curative properties, the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act does not permit such claims to be made. Thus, Traditions of Tao products are dietary supplements; they are not drugs.
The FDA defines cosmetics as items that are applied to the human body for cleansing, conditioning or altering appearance. They are required to be safe, sanitary and truthfully labeled.
By accessing the Traditions of Tao website, you are agreeing to be bound by Traditions of Tao’s Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark laws.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Traditions of Tao’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Traditions of Tao’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Traditions of Tao at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Traditions of Tao’s website are provided “as is”. Traditions of Tao makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Traditions of Tao does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Traditions of Tao or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Traditions of Tao’s Internet site, even if Traditions of Tao or a Traditions of Tao authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Traditions of Tao’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Traditions of Tao does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Traditions of Tao may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Traditions of Tao does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Traditions of Tao has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Traditions of Tao of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Traditions of Tao’s website shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Website.