So many of our western states are dealing with wildfires currently. The fires, smoke and yellow/orange haze is effecting millions across the states. The air quality is extremely poor and dangerous. Many people have reported feeling dizziness, headaches, shortness of breath, cough, and sneezing. Being outside and unprotected in the smoke haze could be the equivalent to smoking a pack or two of cigarettes with the current particulate matter levels in the air from the ash! By following these practical health tips below and using your common sense, you will better cope with the current situation in order to keep you and your family healthy and well:
- Stay indoors. Close all doors and windows. Turn on air conditioner or heater as the filters on these units will keep your air free of particulates. If you must exercise go to an indoor facility that is air-conditioned. Do not exercise outdoors.
- Use a humidifier or if you don't have one boil water in a pot and keep the lid off (make sure not to burn the pot) or turn on hot shower periodically to get steam in the air.
- If you must drive keep your car's vent on recirculate.
- Wear a mask when out and about.
- Rinse out your nose with warm salt water twice a day. To counter dryness coat the inside of your nose with vitamin E oil, jojoba oil or aloe vera gel.
- Hydrate constantly. Drink a glass of water or fluids every 1-2 hours.
- Eat more berries and citrus to increase antioxidant and vitamin intake. You may also take extra vitamin C.
- If you live near the fire pack up essentials and be ready to evacuate at a minute's notice.
- Keep up-to-date on news developments but at the same time refrain from being obsessively focused on this. Instead, reach out to friends whose lives may be affected by it and offer assistance. It will make you feel more empowered and less helpless.
- Stay calm. Meditate to relax and focus on gratitude. Send positive intentions to all those affected.
- Use an essential oil diffuser to cleanse the indoor air. Try any combination of Vanilla, Allspice, Fennel, Lime, Helichrysum, Sandalwood and Peppermint. (I recommend our "Metal Element" essential oil diffuser for immune and respiratory health)
Wishing you and your family to be safe and well during this challenging time!
— Dr. Mao
|Face Masks||Metal Element Diffuser||Detox Tea||Natural Immunity||Sleep Meditation|